Microsoft Office 365 and Power Shell Connector Authentication
Microsoft Office 365 and PowerShell Connectors are enhanced to support Modern authentication methods. Modern Authentication is a method of identity management that offers more secure user authentication and authorization.
In our Microsoft Office 365 and PowerShell connector, we use the basic authentication mechanism to get connection. Microsoft is encouraging users to replace basic authentication with modern authentication, as basic authentication is now deprecated and will be removed or disabled shortly. The modern authentication mechanism is added in Microsoft Office 365 and PowerShell connectors.
Microsoft Office 365 and PowerShell connector now supports the following three authentication modes.
- Basic authentication with credentials (existing)
- Modern authentication with credentials
- Modern authentication using certificate
-To connect with basic or modern authentication using credentials, we will need the office 365 service account name and password.
-To connect with modern authentication using certificate, the extra connected system parameters needed are: private key (corresponding to the certificate), key file password and the registered application id.
For modern authentication to work, an exchange online management module needs to be installed in the identity and provisioning server as a prerequisite. The certificate should be uploaded in the registered application in Microsoft 365 azure portal. We will need its private key and password to configure our connected system.
Power Shell Commands to create certificates
- To create self-signed certificate
$cert = New-SelfSignedCertificate -DnsName "fischerdemo.onmicrosoft.com" -CertStoreLocation "cert:\LocalMachine\My" -NotAfter (Get-Date).AddYears(1) -KeySpec KeyExchange
- To Export Pfx private certificate file ‘cert.pfx’ with password. This private key file is used in connected system configuration.
$cert | Export-PfxCertificate -FilePath cert.pfx -Password $(ConvertTo-SecureString -String "Password" -AsPlainText -Force)
- To export the certificate file ‘cert.cer’. This certificate should be uploaded in the azure application.
$cert | Export-Certificate -FilePath cert.cer
Install ExchangeOnlineManagement module as pre-requisites
- Install-Module -Name ExchangeOnlineManagement
Microsoft Office 365 Connected System Info
PowerShell System Info with credentials - Designer
List of defects reported by customers or implementation, does not contain defects raised internally.
- Fixed failure on processing SPML events. This happens after updating the RA configuration when the cluster has more than one gigs. This fix enables any gig in the cluster to process the SPML events, the URL section in the RA config will show URLs of all the enabled gigs in the cluster. This requires both the server and gig to be upgraded.
- Fixed user logged out from self-service UI on clicking 'include self' check box of request access page. The issue happens only if any attribute used in the dynamic ui has dynamic value configured.
- Fixed issue of creating a duplicate user match request after a user is manually matched with another profile. This issue happens only when a pre-process workflow is configured and there are additional policies requested.
- Fixed select manager UI has the 'Search Available Managers' text hardcoded instead of using message bundle. This text can now be configured in uimsgbndl.xml, the key is 'searchAvailableManagers'
Please sign in to leave a comment.