This section documents the steps to reset the Product database account’s encrypted password in
prio.properties for Identity and Provisioning.
- Shut down all Identity and Provisioning Servers.
- Reset the password of the database account in the database server by using the vendor specific steps.
- Use the password change utility to modify the password in encrypted form in prio.properties for all Identity and Provisioning Servers by executing the batch or script file for your platform:
- Windows - IdM/identity/tools/chngdbuserpsw.bat
- UNIX - IdM/identity/tools/chngdbuserpsw.sh
- Windows - Provisioning/dataforum/tools/chngdbuserpsw.bat
- UNIX - Provisioning/dataforum/tools/chngdbuserpsw.sh
Note: A warning message displays that you are about to change the password of the Product database account.
- Enter Y to continue. The user name of the password that you are about to change displays.
- Enter the old password. Note: If the passwords do not match, an error message displays prompting you to enter the new password again.
- After password verification is complete, enter the new password when prompted. Enter the new password again when prompted. A message displays that the prio.properties file has been updated with the new encrypted password.
Note: If the passwords do not match, an error message displays prompting you to enter the new password again.
- Restart all servers, and verify that the database account password was reset.
- Log in to Identity Administration and from the Master Organization select the Systems tab and click the IdMDatabase connected system, enter the new Service Account Password, and then click Update.
- Select the Configuration tab --> Configuration Function Menu --> Modify Configuration For --> Dashboard --> Database Service Account Password, enter the new service account password in the Value: text box and then click Apply Changes.
Please sign in to leave a comment.