This feature provides a list of all scheduled jobs. Fischer provides the ability for organizations to schedule compliance campaigns to execute at different time intervals. This feature will provide a view and status of each scheduled job. Reports and Compliance jobs can be scheduled from Administrative UI as well as Self service portal. The details of scheduling is explained in the below sections.
Schedule From Administrative UI
Reports and Compliance jobs can be scheduled from administrative UI from the below listing page. Instances of reports and Jobs can be viewed by toggling the radio buttons. Below page lists the scheduled report instances.
Audit reports can be scheduled to run at a given time and date, recursively or onetime. Scheduling can be done from administrative UI as well as self service portal.
From the Admin UI click Compliance tab main menu and click Scheduled Jobs menu item. The Scheduled Report Job Listing page displays the Audit Report Schedules option. Click the Add button. The Scheduled Report Job Detail (Add) page shown below displays:
Enter Name ,Description and Retention Period fields of the scheduled report job. Enter the desired. The default value of 180 days displays in the Retention Period field. The maximum Retention Period as configured by the admin is 365 days. A generated report instance will be kept for these number of days.
Select Yes or No to notify the owner of the report every time the scheduled report runs. The Yes option is selected by default.
Select the needed report to be scheduled by clicking the Select button in Report Info section, click Select. The selected report name and the report description now display.
Specify report criteria as required in the Report Criteria section, the default Report Duration of 30 days displays. The maximum Report Duration as configured by the admin is 365 days. Enter the desired Report Duration period.
In the Report Fields section, the default fields for the report selected display. To manage the fields selected, click the Select button and select the required fields.
To add product schedules, under the section Product Schedules, click the Add button. The Product Schedule listing page displays. Select one or more of available schedules, or click Manage Schedules to create a new schedule.
To assign a permission to a user or a user group, click the Add button under the Permissions section. A new row is added.
- From the User Type drop-down menu, select User or User Group.
- Under the User field, click the Select button. Based on the user type selected, a list of all
users or a list of user groups display.
- Select the desired User or User Group.
- From the Permission drop-down menu, select:
View - enables a user to only view details of the scheduled report job.
Execute - enables a user to view, start and stop a scheduled report job.
Manage - enables a user to view, modify, delete, start and stop a scheduled report job.
- After the required permissions are assigned to the user/user groups, click Add.
Note: By default, the owner of the report also has the Manage permission.
The report owner name, the user type, and manage permission display as a row under Select permission. This row cannot be edited or deleted.
A scheduled report job is created and listed in the Scheduled Report Job Listing page. Select the newly added scheduled job and click Enable button. The status of scheduled report job changes to Scheduled, an instance is also created with status as NEW.
Click Instances button, the instance(s) of that job will be listed.
When multiple product schedules are included in the scheduled report job, the scheduler engine reads all product schedules and arranges them in the order of execution with the earliest date/time calculated set as the first NEW scheduled job instance. Each subsequent date/time calculated is set as the next NEW scheduled job instance.
Schedule Compliance job
After adding compliance jobs which are configured for the various Resources, Policies, Resource Groups and Systems can be executed repeatedly (after completion) to ensure that continued validation of the resources and accounts are maintained. This can be obtained by adding schedules jobs from Compliance tab → Scheduled Jobs menu.
The Scheduled Jobs feature provides the ability to combine the execution of synchronization workflows along with compliance jobs and to include a scheduled time interval for the execution. This enables one to automate the execution of the compliance process to occur as often as needed for your organization. These components are required when creating a scheduled job:
- Selection of one or more synchronization workflows.
- Selection of one or more compliance jobs.
- Selection of one or more product schedules to determine when the scheduled job should run.
Product Schedules can be configured for any of these types
- Once - Sets the schedule to run one time at date and time specified.
- Every - Sets the schedule to run every specified number of Days, Weeks, Months, or Years.
- Weekly - Sets the schedule to run every week on a specified day of the week (Sunday through Saturday).
- Monthly - Sets the schedule to run every month on a specified day of the month (1-28) or every first, second, or last day of the month or day of the week.
- Annually - Sets the schedule to run every year on a specified month and day.
All product schedules (except Type Once) include a frequency to specify the hours, minutes, and seconds when the schedule should start; a start and end date can optionally be provided. The start date and time in hours, minutes, and seconds are provided as the schedule for one time (Type Once) schedules.
After adding a schedule compliance job, enable that job. The status will change to Scheduled. If we view the instances, at first the status changes to New then to Executing Workflows where it starts to run sync workflows specified in that job. Workflows will not run simultaneously.
After completing the workflow execution, status changes to Executing Compliance jobs. Each compliance job will run according to the order at which it is added in that scheduled job. Only after completing one compliance job the next one will run. The whole process will continue as per the Product Schedule specified in the scheduled compliance job.
View the Instance Details to know the details of the workflow and compliance job instance details.
Note: When multiple product schedules are included in the scheduled compliance job, the scheduler engine reads all product schedules and arranges them in the order of execution with the earliest date/time calculated set as the first NEW scheduled job instance. Each subsequent date/time calculated is set as the next NEW scheduled job instance.
In the above scheduled job, if some of the resources in a particular compliance job are specified as Optional, then the following additional certifier actions can be specified if the Recertify All option for selected resources of the job is set to Optional.
- Certify All Exceptions or Certify only New Exceptions (for User Access and/or High Privileged and Unassigned Accounts recertification).
- New Certifier for a Node must certify all Resources.
- All Resources for new users must be certified.
- All new resources of users must be certified.
Schedule From Self service Portal
Reports and Compliance jobs can be scheduled from self service portal as well. In order to make a user capable of sceduling reports and Compliance jobs, we need to do below configurations.
- Create a Client admin Configuration under Self-Service Tab and configure
- the administrators who can manage the schedules
- the reports that need to be scheduled from self service (for scheduling reports)
- Add the user to IaaS Client Administrators user group so that he will be able to see the Client admin sub tab user Self service tab.
The UI for creating client admin configuration to manage both Compliance jobs and Reports is shown below.
Here we can see the configuration sections
- to select the reports and the user who can manage the reports in self service as well as
- the users who can manage the compliance job scheduling.
Once this configuration is in force, we can manage the report or compliance job scheduling like we did in the administrative UI.