To: All Fischer IaaS Customers
Release Date: 8/26/2020
We are pleased to announce that we have officially released the Fischer Identity 7.5.x version of the Fischer product which is packed full with features, including new connectors, improved Administrative capabilities, and the introduction of multiple manager support.
Fischer will apply Fischer version 7.5.3 to your Fischer IaaS test instance beginning next week. With the introduction of the new Multiple Manager feature, minor workflow logic changes were required in your solution in order to accommodate the delivery of the new feature. Our Solution Management team performed the necessary logic changes within both Test (if applicable) and Production environments to proactively prepare for the delivery of the feature.
Please refer to the Maintenance Schedule for release scheduling information.
How will this change impact my organization?
We are confident the workflow logic changes performed by our Solution Management team will ensure a seamless experience. While the changes required were minor, we do encourage you to run through a series of test cases as an additional validation step. We have created a series of test cases below. While some of the product areas in scope of the test cases may not be in use within your solution, we have broken down the recommended test cases applicable to the features affected by this change. You may proceed with the test cases once the release has been applied to your test environment.
Additional technical information, including screenshots of the UI changes can be found by visiting Identity 7.5.0 Release Notes
Recommended Test Cases
User Interface Validation
- Ensure the user interfaces still displays the manager(s) for the user and the manager(s) are correct.
- Manager(s) can still manage their users under the Users tab and existing functionality and options are available.
- If using a report through the Client Admin that contains Manager data, ensure the data looks correct.
Create New User Validation (if applicable)
- We recommend creation of 1 or each type of user using the UI
- Ensure the manager field is displayed within the Create New User dialog box and is functional.
- Ensure the Manager filter to limit displayed results is displayed.
- Note: The new UI will display the current user’s manager on the top and the available managers to select at the bottom.
- After submitting the create new user request, ensure the manager selected shows correctly in the user’s profile.
- If the user has multiple managers, an info button will be shown to display the additional managers.
Users created via Source of Authority
- Create one of each user type from the SOA who have a manager.
- Make sure setting a manager on a new SOA sourced user is correct once provisioned.
- Make sure the manager of a user can change when changed in the SOA.
We want to ensure that access expiry notifications to manager still function as they should.
- Setup a user to expire within the notification window and make sure notification are sent.
- If notifications are not sent, please
If you are using the job-manager attribute to create your certifier list though a Dynamic rule, ensure the certifiers list is populated as expected.
As always, if you have any questions or if you encounter any issues going through the test cases, please report any issues via your Fischer Identity 2020 Maintenance Schedule ticket and we will be happy to assist.
Please sign in to leave a comment.